Locate Java Runtime - Search Order

This forum has been archived and is no longer active.

The new forum is located at:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/installjammer/

You may continue to view and search the topics in this forum, but no new posts can be created.

Locate Java Runtime - Search Order

Postby durech » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I need to trim the default search order used by InstallJammer to include only the Windows Registry and the PATH environment variable. For the Windows Registry do I just specify the phrase "Windows registry" or specific paths in the registry like "HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment". Which specific paths does InstallJammmer use??
durech

Re: Locate Java Runtime - Search Order

Postby hsehdar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:37 pm

The help in InstallJammer gives details on how to achieve this. Add action Locate Java Runtime and press F1 to open respective help. Find the Default Search Path Order.
hsehdar

Re: Locate Java Runtime - Search Order

Postby durech » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 am

I understand that and have already read the documentation. What I need to know is IF is chose not to use the special phrase "Default Search Path" and instead want to specify my own search path do just enter the phrase "Windows registry" (as it is documented) or specific paths in the registry like "HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment"? What specific registry paths does "Windows registry" search?
durech

Return to Help