Execute a shell script after installation

This forum has been archived and is no longer active.

The new forum is located at:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/installjammer/

You may continue to view and search the topics in this forum, but no new posts can be created.

Execute a shell script after installation

Postby scb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 am

Good day!!
I want to create an installer for a Linux distribution (Ubuntu). I have selected the "groups and files" that i want to copy with the installer.
After the installation, I want to execute the shell script (installation_mysql.sh). I marked this file to be copied in "groups and files" section and this script also needs a folder called "mysql_debian_packages" indicated in the previous section.

In "Setup types" section, we only have got the typical installation, because we have removed the custom.

In "Install Panes and Actions" --> "Install Actions", I created an "Execute External Program" indicating the following options:

STANDARD PROPERTIES
- Component = Launch File
- Active = Yes
- Alias = 'NULL'
- Comment = 'NULL'
- Conditions = 0 Conditions
- Data = 'NULL'
- Execute Actions = After pane is displayed
- Ignore errors = No
- Include = Always Include

ADVANCED PROPERTIES
Execute as Root Yes
Execute in Console No
Program Command Line bash installation_mysql.sh
Working directory %InstallDir%

But the installation_mysql.sh script is never executed. I don't know if I should create the Execute External Program in other location or the problem is due to the Program command line, the Execute Actions or the working directory.

I need help and I will be grateful to hear your opinion. Please, tell me if I have something wrong.

Thank you so much for everything!!
scb

Re: Execute a shell script after installation

Postby hsehdar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:37 am

Give full path in Program Command Line like bash <%InstallDir%>/bin/run.sh

Also Execute Action After Pane is Finished.
hsehdar

Postby scb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 am

Thank you for your reply! I have not answered before because I've been on holidays. Now I just try and not run the script. You can find enclosed the .mpi file and the script (installation_mysql.sh) that I want to execute after the installation. I'm testing a lot of things and nothing works, please help me!!

Thanks a lot in advance!
scb

Postby scb » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:30 am

IT WORKS!!! But I was to move the Execute External Program from the location "Install Panes and Actions" --> "Install Actions" to
"Install Panes and Actions" -->"Finish Actions"

Thanks for everthing!
scb

Return to Help