Installer doesn't fully compile despite build being posted

This forum has been archived and is no longer active.

The new forum is located at:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/installjammer/

You may continue to view and search the topics in this forum, but no new posts can be created.

Installer doesn't fully compile despite build being posted

Postby sdeschenes » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Damon,

It has been a while since we last spoke. I hope things are going well for you.

I am working on a setup that simply takes an extremely large amount of files and installs those files on a user's system without any fancy modifications. When IJ says the windows build completed, I check the .exe and it doesn't have the default setup icon. Instead, a generic old-fashioned Windows 3.1 version icon appears (I did not change the setup icon in my project). When I check the .exe properties, I notice the Version tab is missing. However, if I build a similar setup, but with a reduced number of files, the installer builds just fine.

I have multiple setup that are similar in configurations, except for name and path differences, and I have never experienced this problem before. I am not sure if it has something to do with the number of files I am including or if the paths to the files are too long (have not exceeded 256 characters), but I can't figure out what the problem is. And what is odd is IJ says the build completed. The build log doesn't contain any clues as to the problem, either.

I am using the latest version of IJ (v 1.2.15 build 39e9dea). Is there a file limit or size limit for the installer?
sdeschenes

Return to Help