How create radio button functionality after seletcting it?

This forum has been archived and is no longer active.

The new forum is located at:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/installjammer/

You may continue to view and search the topics in this forum, but no new posts can be created.

How create radio button functionality after seletcting it?

Postby umakanth » Wed May 25, 2011 5:05 am

hi Damon,
This is my scenario it was explained in which procedure i need it :-
1. I have taken a Custom pane 2 and added two radio buttons and two browse inputs
1.1 if i select one of the radio button then one of the browse button should be enabled if not it should be in disable state , default one radio button will be enabled but if i select another then it goes to the disable state.
2.In browse entry if i browse the data and click for installation then that should be installed .
3. how to disable the entry type in Add widget after giving the default value.
4. How to check that selected radio button functionality is working or not ?

i am new to installjammer so issue my problems as soon as possible.
thank you in advance ....:) :)
Attachments
Jboss.JPG
radio button and browse functionality for installing the jboss with out adding the files
Jboss.JPG (126.34 KiB) Viewed 6276 times
disable entry.JPG
how to disable the entry type in add widget
disable entry.JPG (120.73 KiB) Viewed 6278 times
umakanth

Re: How create radio button functionality after seletcting it?

Postby hsehdar » Wed May 25, 2011 9:15 am

Dear umakanth,

My name is not Damon ;) Thought hinting ideas. Welcome to InstallJammer.

The radio button added is with Advanced Properties - Virtual Text and Value. Virtual Text is a variable and its value is Value. For example virtual text JbossInstallStatus can have value YES or NO.

How to do is...
1. Consider radio buttons as jboss_home and jboss_install_dir with respective alias(s). For both these radio buttons have same Virtual Text say JbossInstallStatus.
2. For one of the radio buttons in the Advanced Properties set Checked = Yes and for the other Checked = No.
3. Add a New Action Group and give an alias to it say JBossActionGroup.
4. In Advanced Properties of both radio buttons set Action = JBossActionGroup.
5. In this action group add action Modify Widget with Advanced Properties: State = disabled and Widget = JBoss_Home (widget browse entry).
6. Add to this action String Equal Condition with String 1= JbossInstallStatus and String 2 = Yes.

Idea is...
In runtime when user chooses jboss_home then virtual text JBossInstallStatus value will be Yes. If jboss_install_dir is chosen then virtual text JBossInstallStatus value will be No. Based on this modify widgets. In the above steps this is what is achieved.

Hope this will help :)

Thank you,
With regards,
Hsehdar
hsehdar

Postby hsehdar » Wed May 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Also ensure radio button jboss_home is with virtual text JbossInstallStatus and value Yes and the other radio button jboss_install_dir is with virtual text JbossInstallStatus and value No.

hsehdar wrote:Dear umakanth,

My name is not Damon ;) Thought hinting ideas. Welcome to InstallJammer.

The radio button added is with Advanced Properties - Virtual Text and Value. Virtual Text is a variable and its value is Value. For example virtual text JbossInstallStatus can have value YES or NO.

How to do is...
1. Consider radio buttons as jboss_home and jboss_install_dir with respective alias(s). For both these radio buttons have same Virtual Text say JbossInstallStatus.
2. For one of the radio buttons in the Advanced Properties set Checked = Yes and for the other Checked = No.
3. Add a New Action Group and give an alias to it say JBossActionGroup.
4. In Advanced Properties of both radio buttons set Action = JBossActionGroup.
5. In this action group add action Modify Widget with Advanced Properties: State = disabled and Widget = JBoss_Home (widget browse entry).
6. Add to this action String Equal Condition with String 1= JbossInstallStatus and String 2 = Yes.

Idea is...
In runtime when user chooses jboss_home then virtual text JBossInstallStatus value will be Yes. If jboss_install_dir is chosen then virtual text JBossInstallStatus value will be No. Based on this modify widgets. In the above steps this is what is achieved.

Hope this will help :)

Thank you,
With regards,
Hsehdar
hsehdar

Postby umakanth » Thu May 26, 2011 12:19 am

hi hsehdar
thank you for giving very soon reply but after doing the modifications i am unable to see the changes ,
1.Actually i am having the two browse entry's it should be enable based on selected radio buttons but i cannot see the changes.
umakanth

Postby hsehdar » Thu May 26, 2011 6:37 am

Play with radio buttons virtual text and its value to print in a message box. Get acquainted and it will be smooth sailing. It simple once a radio button is selected automatically or by user the virtual text will get the value assigned.
hsehdar

Postby schatzikat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:37 am

Hi there,

You have manipulate your test logic. below is example of how to select radio button - there are two radbut (1) Checking and (2) Saving

for i = 1 to 2
if i = 1 then
browser("b").Page("p").WebRadioGroup("rb").Select "check"
else
browser("b").Page("p").WebRadioGroup("rb").Select "saving"
End If

Next
Im 28 Female and loves basketball
schatzikat

Return to Help